Welcome to the 132nd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Dr. Ed Welch about his book A Small Book About A Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience, and Peace (New Growth Press, 2017)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Anger and spiritual growth.
- The blinding nature of anger.
- The differences between men and women when it comes to anger and how they change.
- Learning how to be alert to our problem with anger.
- The difference between righteous and unrighteous anger.
- Praying for difficult people and entrusting them to the Lord.
- Some proper ways to deal with anger.
- How Pastors and ministry leaders can better minister to angry people.
- Listening as a form of hospitality and being humble.
About the Guest:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.