Welcome to the 128th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Dave Furman about his new book, Kiss the Wave: Embracing God in Your Trials (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The biggest piece of advice Dave has for Christians who are suffering.
- How he deals with depression with the gospel.
- How suffering produces fruit and maturity in Christians.
- How suffering reveals idolatry in our lives.
- How suffering can provide opportunities for evangelism.
- How to prepare for suffering before it comes.
- Biblical meditation and dealing with the trials of life.
- Learning to have an eternal perspective in the midst of trials.
About the Guest:
Dave Furman (ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary) serves as the senior pastor of Redeemer Church of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, which he planted in 2010. Dave and his wife, Gloria, have four children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!