Welcome to the 126th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Bruce Ashford about his book, Every Square Inch: An Introduction to Cultural Engagement for Christians (Lexham Press, 2015).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why Christians should care about engaging on cultural issues.
- What some of Bruce’s biggest influences on cultural engagement have to teach us on engaging culture.
- Why Christians should be involved in the arts.
- How Christians should engage in the political square from a biblical worldview.
- Why Christians should pursue excellence in scholarship and education.
- Why and how to be involved in cultural engagement.
About the Guest:
Bruce Riley Ashford (PhD, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is professor of theology and culture at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also serves as provost and dean of the faculty. He has worked in the mission field in over forty countries. He is the author of The Theology and Practice of Mission: God, the Church, and the Nations.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!