Welcome to the 110th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Andrew Walker about his book God and the Transgender Debate (The Good Book Company, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Andrew’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- What transgenderism and gender fluidity are.
- The good news of the gospel for those experiencing gender dysphoria.
- How local churches should respond to the challenge of transgenderism.
- How our culture has gotten into the mess, it has in regards to the moral and sexual revolution.
- The Bible’s teaching about humanity.
- The Bible’s teaching on gender.
- How Gospel loving Christians can minister to their transgender neighbors with the grace of God.
- What Jesus has to say to those experiencing gender dysphoria or are transgender.
- How local churches can take the Great Commandment serious while showing compassion to those who enter their local churches.
- How parents should speak to their children about gender identity.
Andrew T. Walker is Director of Policy Studies for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.