On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave Jenkins and Emily Jensen talk about the ministry of Risen Motherhood, helping single and married women discover and learn gospel centrality, along with her book with Laura Wifler, Risen Motherhood: Gospel Hope for Everyday Moments (Harvest House, 2019)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The ministry of Risen Motherhood, how it began, and how women are being helped through this ministry.
- Some of the most significant issues facing single mothers and how the Church can help solve these issues.
- Some of the most significant issues facing married mothers and how the Church can help solve these issues.
- Learning gospel centrality and advice to mothers new to gospel centrality.
- Advice to new mothers to help their children learn to follow Jesus.
- The best marriage advice Emily has ever received and benefited from in marriage.
- Learning the importance of repentance and forgiveness in marriage.
- Advice to mothers struggling with their identity being a mother first and not in Christ.
- Advice to mothers experiencing mommy guilty.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.