On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dustin Benge discuss the contribution the American Puritans made to the American church, what writers can learn from the American Puritans to help them grow as writers, and advice to ministry leaders navigate challenges on social media, along with his book with Nate Pickowicz, The American Puritans (Reformation Hertige, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- John Eliot and why he’s so important.
- The contribution the American Puritans made to the life of the American church.
- How the American Puritans can help Christians today to navigate challenging times and issues.
- What writers can learn from the American Puritans to help them grow as writers.
- The main differences between the output of the English Puritans and the American Puritans.
- Advice for ministry leaders navigating challenges on social media.
About the Guest
DUSTIN W. BENGE (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is provost of Union School of Theology, Wales, visiting professor of Munster Bible College, Cork, Ireland and a Senior Fellow of The Andrew Fuller Center for Baptist Studies. In addition, Dustin is the author of several books, writes regularly for Reformanda Ministries and Tabletalk, and serves as editor of Expositor magazine. Dustin and his wife Molli live in Porthcawl, Wales.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!