On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Drew Hunter discuss the importance of daily Bible reading and the benefits of doing so, advice for those reading the Old Testament, and those new to reading the Bible, along with those who feel their Bible reading isn’t helping them, along with Unfolding Grace Study Guide: A Guided Study Through the Bible (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The approach of Unfolding Grace.
- How orienting ourselves to the overarching storyline of the Bible helps the people of God read the Bible.
- Advice for those struggling to read the Old Testament.
- Advice for those new to reading the Bible.
- Advice for those who feel like their Bible reading isn’t helping them.
- The importance of daily Bible reading for the Christian and some of the benefits of doing so.
- The importance of redemptive history in reading Scripture.
About the Guest
Drew Hunter (MA, Wheaton College) is the teaching pastor at Zionsville Fellowship in Zionsville, Indiana. He is the author of Made for Friendship and the Isaiah and Matthew volumes in the Knowing the Bible series. Drew and his wife, Christina, live in Zionsville, Indiana, and have four children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!