On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Drew Hunter discuss the importance of friendship in the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, Made for Friendship: The Relationship That Halves Our Sorrows and Doubles Our Joys (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Discovering how and why to pursue friendship in marriage.
- Learning how to fight burnout in ministry by cultivating friendship with our spouse and others.
- The importance of affirming and encouraging one another in friendship.
- Some practical advice to minister to a friend in deep distress.
- In what way friendship is the ultimate end of our existence and the highest source of happiness.
- How technology can hinder our friendships.
- Real friendship as the missing medicine for many of our afflictions.
- The six unique joys of friendship.
- Some of the characteristics that define true friendship.
- Beginning to cultivate better friendships.
- Cultivating friendship and pulling up the relational weeds that invest our friendships.
- Friendship with Jesus as the apex of the glory of God.
- Learning to cultivate daily friendship with Christ.
About the Guest
Drew Hunter (MA, Wheaton College) is the teaching pastor at Zionsville Fellowship in Zionsville, Indiana. He previously served as a minister for young adults at Grace Church of DuPage and taught religious studies at College of DuPage. Drew and his wife, Christina, live in Zionsville, Indiana, and have three children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.