On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and Doreen Virtue discuss the history and dangers of yoga, how Christians should speak to those involved in yoga, the danger yoga presents to children, correcting people with love and patience, and how yoga opposes a Christian worldview.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The history of yoga and how it got started.
- Why yoga is so dangerous.
- How yoga opposes a Christian worldview.
- Why Christians should not engage in yoga.
- How Christians should speak to those involved in yoga.
- The dangers of melding Christianity with any other religion.
- Advice to correcting our opponents in love and with patience.
- The dangers of yoga for children and what they are being taught, and what parents can do about it.
About the Guest
Raised in Christian Science, Doreen Virtue was formerly the top-selling New Age author at the world’s largest New Age publisher, until Jesus opened her eyes to the gospel. She got baptized for the first time, began spreading the gospel message, and denouncing the New Age. After getting fired from her New Age publisher and losing most of her friends, some of her family members, enduring cruel slander and spiritual warfare, and losing her home, Doreen and her husband, Michael, began rebuilding their lives on the solid foundation of Jesus. They learned how to trust in God, instead of trying to predict or control the future. Today, they live in the Pacific Northwest where they attend a biblically solid church and Doreen attends seminary studying biblical theology so that she won’t be deceived again.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!