On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Deborah Howard discuss Christian friendship and support in and out of the local church, advice for family members and friends with family or friends who have memory loss, the local church, and supporting family members with memory loss, along with her mini-book, HELP! Someone I Love Has Alzheimer’s (Shepherd Press, 2015).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of viewing all of life through Scripture, including memory loss and memory care.
- Why one of the most effective ways of coping with adversity is education.
- Advice to those dealing with the long goodbye presented to family members and friends.
- Some effective characteristics caregivers should have to complete their caregiving mission successfully.
- Strategies for family members to help them deal with hard days with loved ones with memory issues.
- How the local church can help support family members with memory loss.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback. Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!