On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Dayton Hartman discuss how the already/not yet of the Kingdom of God fuels the Christian life and missions, along with his book, Jesus Wins: The Good News of the End Times (Lexham Press, 2019)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the Apostles Creed helps Christians not to fall into fear or speculation about the end times but instead have hope, anticipation, joy, and confidence in the present and for the future.
- How understanding the already/not yet of the Kingdom of God helps Christians grow in their understanding of the end times.
- A brief guided tour through the various views of the end times.
- How the guardrails of the creeds help Christians to keep, their end times view as a second matter instead of a primary one.
- Good resources to begin to learn more about the end times and advanced resources on the end times.
- Why the Athanasian Creed is in Dayton Hartman’s book Jesus Wins.
- How to counsel a Christian friend who is fearful about the future.
- Looking forward to the 2nd coming of Christ and godly living.
- How the already/not yet of the Kingdom fuels the Christian life and mission.
- The importance of robust gracious theological conversation.
- Learning to asking good questions while counseling people.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!