On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and David Steele discuss the fear of God and standing against the fear of man, biblical boldness and practical steps towards it, Christians convictions and Scripture, along with his new book, Spineless: Restoring Courage and Conviction to the People of God.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- J.C. Ryle’s lament over the church in our day and David Steele’s concern about the church in our day.
- Some marks of false teachers Christians should look out for.
- The importance of Christians convictions being shaped by Scripture.
- Some of the markets of faithful proclamation of God’s Word.
- The importance of Christians being governed by biblical conviction and informed by biblical truth as Christians.
- A proper fear of God and standing stand against the fear of man.
- The importance of biblical boldness and a plan of action towards it.
About the Guest
Dr. David S. Steele has been in pastoral ministry since 1991. He holds BS and MA degrees from Multnomah University and Multnomah Biblical Seminary and a D. Min from Bakke Graduate University. Following graduation from Multnomah University, he served eight years as Pastor to Students at Lacey Chapel. In 2000, he became the Pastor of Theology at First Baptist Church in La Grande, Oregon where he served for over eleven years. In 2012, he became the Senior Pastor at Christ Fellowship in Everson, Washington.
At Christ Fellowship he leads the staff, serves as the Pastor for preaching and vision casting, and oversees Veritas (adult theological education) and Iron Men (men’s leadership development).
His personal mission is to positively influence people, impact the world one person at a time and to glorify God by enjoying him forever. His passion in ministry is preaching, teaching, and leadership development. Specifically, his aim is to educate the mind, engage the affections, equip the whole person, and encourage God-centered living that treasures Christ above all things.
He and his wife, Gerrene were married in 1991 and they have two children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!