On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and David Steele talk about the life and ministry of John Calvin, and what we can learn from him about the doctrine of God, humility, contrition, and the marks of a Christian, along with his book, A Godward Gaze: The Holy Pursuit of John Calvin.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Who John Calvin is.
- Why John Calvin’s theology is so critical in the history of the Church.
- What makes the mission Calvin engaged in Geneva so important.
- How Calvin’s doctrine of God and the gospel-shaped his understanding of humility in the Christian life.
- How Christians grow in humility.
- How Christians bear the marks of true contrition.
- What the posture and marks of a trembling Christian are.
- Recommended books on further reading on John Calvin.
- Why we need more Christian men like John Calvin and what such men look like in terms of their Christian life and ministries.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!