On today’s Equipping You in Grace Dave and David Herbert talk about the importance of reading and studying Scripture and church history to respond to claims of those who deny the person and work of Jesus, how Christians should respond to the revisionist history of Muslims, along with his book, Defending Jesus’ Crucifixion against Islamic Revision of Christian History (H&E, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How important it is that Christians have a good understanding of the Crucifixion of Jesus.
- How the Early Church Fathers can help Christians grow in their understanding of the Crucifixion.
- The importance is the Council of Nicea to understand to help Christians respond to Muslim’s claims about Jesus.
- Some of the best ways to respond to attacks of the Crucifixion of Jesus by Muslims.
- Guidance to help Christians evaluate arguments from groups like Muslims so the people of God can thoughtfully and biblically respond to them.
About the Guest
David Herbert, a graduate of London Teachers’ College, is now a retired elementary and secondary history teacher (grades 5 to 13). He received his B.A. from the University of Western Ontario, M.A. from Wheaton College, M.Div. from Heritage Theological Seminary (Canada) and M.Ed. and Ed.D from the University of Toronto. Dr. Herbert has authored thirteen books such as Charles Darwin’s Religious Views, The Key to Understanding Origins: The Underlying Assumptions and Becoming God: Transhumanism and the Quest for Cybernetic Immortality.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!