On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and David Fiorazo discuss the essential nature of the Church, the life of the mind in the Christian life, Christian political engagement, preparing for present and future persecution, censorship, social media engagement, ending abortion, along with his book, Canceling Christianity: How The Left Silences Churches, Dismantles The Constitution, And Divides Our Culture (Freiling Publishing, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The essential nature of the Church.
- The importance of the life of the mind to Christianity.
- Whether Christians should pursue a career and engagement with politics.
- Why every Christian is to be engaged in the Great Commission in every sphere of vocation and life.
- How Christians balance their political engagement with their Christian faith.
- How Christians should prepare for present persecution and future persecution.
- Why Christians should work towards the end of abortion through legislation and preaching the gospel, and making disciples of Jesus.
- Why Christians should stay on social media and use their voice for the glory of Christ and look for other opportunities to share Christ on other social media platforms.
- How Christians should speak about the rise of socialism and godless ideologies in America.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.