On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave shares reflection on 500 episodes of this podcast, along with giving advice to writers, authors, and podcasters on being faithful to the Word and serving the Church. He also discuses why we need godly men and women who are grounded in and shaped by the Word, a biblical worldview, and who are discerning to speak up against the ills going on in our culture and the church today.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of faithfulness to Scripture, the local church, and people.
- Advice to writers and authors on writing well and receiving criticism.
- Advice to editors on helping writers to learn to write well.
- Advice to podcasters on pursuing faithfulness to the Word and serving the Church.
- Why we need godly men and women who are biblically informed, shaped by the Word, sound theology, a biblical worldview, and who are discerning.
- Why we need godly men and women who are unafraid to speak up and against the ills going on in our culture and the church today.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.