On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Joey Tomlinson interviews Dave Jenkins about his background dealing with anxiety and depression, how his wife helps him deal with anxiety and depression, and healthy God-centered help for coping with anxiety and depression, along with the place of open and honest communication and friendship, and the local church for those struggling with depression.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A bit of Dave’s story with depression and anxiety.
- How Dave’s wife cares for him when he’s anxiety
- Common triggers for depression and anxiety.
- Some healthy God-centered coping mechanisms for depression and anxiety.
- Some common sinful coping mechanisms.
- Personal help for addressing anxiety and depression in the Christian life.
- The place of Christian friends in fighting anxiety and depression.
- What local churches can do to minister to those struggling with depression and anxiety.
- Some recommended reading on depression and anxiety, along with good website resources.
- Real hope and help for those facing depression.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Joey Tomlinson (DMin, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is a husband, father, and pastor at a local church in Newport News, Virginia. He blogs regularly on broadoakpiety.org and hosts a weekly podcast called The Broad Oak Piety Podcast with another local pastor in the community.