On today’s Equipping You in Grace, Dave, and Sean DeMars discuss the core tenets and dangers of the prosperity gospel, biblical hermeneutics, the importance of Bible-believing and gospel-preaching local church, along with his book with Mike McKinley, Health, Wealth, and the Real Gospel: The Prosperity Gospel Meets Scripture (Christian Focus, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The purpose of money and stewardship.
- The importance of a good Bible-believing and gospel-preaching local church.
- How Sean got into the prosperity gospel and how he got out of the prosperity gospel.
- What the prosperity gospel is and its dangers.
- Engaging in biblical hermeneutics.
- The core tenets of the prosperity gospel.
- How biblically minded and informed Christians can counter the prosperity gospel.
- The dangers of TBN and why Christians should avoid it.
- How we should relate to friends and family members who claim to believe the true gospel but are captivated by the prosperity gospel.
- The danger of rejecting the prosperity gospel but adhering to it in practice.
- How Christians should help those coming out of the prosperity gospel and into the local church.
About Today’s Guest
Sean is the pastor of 6th Avenue Community Church in Decatur, Alabama. He has a wonderful wife and two amazing girls. The best thing about him is that he belongs to Jesus.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!