What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why is it so important that church members care for their pastor.
- Why it’s important that church members see their pastor as a regular, ordinary person.
- Five keys that church members should reasonably hope for when it comes to our pastor or pastors caring for them.
- How church members can befriend their pastor and what that looks like.
- How important is it that Christians daily repent of sin and turn afresh to the Lord Jesus for the grace of God.
- The importance of Christians being in community with one another for their own spiritual growth and the growth of others in our local churches.
- What open and honest communication with our pastor looks like.
- How church members watch over their pastors and encourage them to make progress in their life and doctrine.
- What it looks like for a local church to express kindness to their pastor.
- The importance of church members having biblical expectations pastor and how to hold them to those expectations as Scripture requires.
- What submission to the pastor looks like in practice.
- How important is it that pastors have a pastor’s pastoral support group and what that looks like.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!