On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave and Christopher Ash discuss how the Psalms help Christians face challenging situations, learn to lament, express our emotions appropriately, and to see and know Christ better, along with his book, Psalms for You (The Good Book, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the Enlightenment affected our understanding of the Psalms.
- How the Psalms help Christians understand the High Priestly ministry of Jesus.
- What the language of delight in the Psalms can teach us about the God who has given His people His Word.
- How the Psalms help Christians to face challenging situations.
- Some tips in reading the Psalms correctly.
- How the Psalms help Christians to see and know Christ better.
- How the Psalms help Christians learn to lament.
- How the Psalms help Christians to worship the Lord.
- How the Psalms help us to understand and respond to our emotions with God’s help.
- How the Psalms help us to sing sound theology.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!