On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Cameron Cole discuss the importance of theology to prepare God’s people for suffering, and the Christian life, along with his book, Therefore I Have Hope: 12 Truths That Comfort, Sustain, and Redeem in Tragedy (Crossway, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How theology prepared Cameron for the challenge of losing his son.
- How the grace of this hour mentality can serve as the foundation for the early stages of grief.
- How the gospel helps one emerge from denial and face reality.
- How theology provides a foundation for our lives helping Christians preserve when suffering is the greatest and may seem to be crushing God’s people.
- Lessons Cameron has learned through the challenge of losing his son and how they helped him become a more loving and effective shepherd of God’s people.
- How doubt helps not hinder our growth in grace.
- How the promises of God help those facing loneliness and suffering.
- The importance difference between happiness and joy and it’s importance to the Christian life.
About the Guest
Cameron Cole (MA, Wake Forest University) serves as director of youth ministries at the Cathedral Church of the Advent in Birmingham, Alabama, and is the chairman of Rooted, a ministry dedicated to fostering gospel-centered student ministry.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.