On today’s episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins talks with Brian Hedges about his book With Jesus: Finding Your Place in the Story of Christ (Shepherds Press, 2017)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Christians should learn to read the story of Jesus in the Gospel narratives in a gospel-centered way.
- How the gospel testifies to the spiritual reality that has a profoundly Trinitarian shape.
- How Jesus teaching in John 15 on the Vine helps Christians capture the essential teaching of Jesus on union with Christ.
- How Jesus’ agony in the Garden reveals both the horror that waited him in the cup and the cross as well as the unfathomable love that led him to the Cross.
- How Jesus’ temptation helps Christians understand Christ’s priestly work in their lives today.
- The resurrection and its implications for Christians in the present and the future.
- How the ascension helps Christians read the Gospels through ascension with Christ.
- The Lord’s supper and it’s relationship to the Ascension of Christ.
About the Guest
Brian G. Hedges is the lead pastor for Redeemer Church in Niles, Michigan. He has been married to Holly since 1996 and they have four children. Brian is also the author of Christ Formed in You: The Power of the Gospel for Personal Change, Licensed to Kill: A Field-Manual for Mortifying Sin, Active Spirituality: Grace and Effort in the Christian Life, and Christ All Sufficient: An Exposition of Colossians, in addition to numerous articles published in periodicals and online. For fun, Brian enjoys reading, playing golf, hanging out with his family, and watching good movies.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.