On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Brian Hedges discuss how the Puritans can help them understand Christian liberty, provide practical strategies to help Christians grow in their prayer lives, face suffering, and to fight against the world, the flesh, and the devil, along with his book with Dr. Joel Beeke, Thriving in Grace: Twelve Ways the Puritans Fuel Spiritual Growth (Reformation Heritage, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the Puritans’ view of Scripture affected how they saw and taught Christian life.
- How the Puritans teaching on the person, work, and offices of Christ help Christians today.
- How the teaching of Robert Bolton on Christian liberty helps Christians understand the privileges of being a child of God.
- What the holiness is and why Christians should care about it.
- How the Puritans help Christians grasp the teaching of holiness.
- Some practical strategies to help Christians grow in Christ.
- How the Puritans teaching on suffering can help the people of God bolster their faith and confidence in the sovereignty of God.
- How the Puritans help Christians to fight against the world, the flesh, and the devil.
- How the Puritans help Christians grow in Christ.
About the Guest
Brian G. Hedges serves as lead pastor of Redeemer Church in Niles, Michigan. He is the author of several books, including The Story of His Glory, Active Spirituality, and Watchfulness: Recovering a Lost Spiritual Discipline.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!