On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Andrew Davis discuss the place and importance of contentment in the Christian life and ministry along with his book, The Power of Christian Contentment: Finding Deeper, Richer Christ-Centered Joy (Baker, 2019)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What Christian contentment means.
- How to fight for contentment in the Christian life.
- How the gospel helps Christians to grow in contentment and train their new desires and affections towards contentment in the Christian life.
- How Christians learn to find contentment even in the most difficult and challenging or in the mundane of life.
- How pain factors into Christian contentment.
- How fear and anxiety rob Christians of joy in Christ and what Christians can do to fight against anxiety and fear and for contentment in the Christian life.
- Why we are more discontent even though we have more advancements than ever from modern medicine to revolutionary technology.
- How parents and spouses can model Christian contentment.
- The dangers of Christian contentment and how to fight against complaining in the Christian life.
- How Christians attain contentment and protect it in their lives.
- How Pastors can grow in contentment as they minister to difficult, hurting, and struggling people.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!