On today’s Equipping You in Grace, Dave and Dr. Andreas Kostenberger discuss strategies to read the Gospels, how the Gospels use the Old Testament and how this helps Christians read the Gospel rightly, along with advice for preaching and teaching the Gospels, along with his book, The Jesus of the Gospels: An Introduction (Kregel, 2020)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What distinguishes the Gospels from other forms of literature in the Bible.
- How the Gospels use the Old Testament and how such an understanding helps Christians to read the Gospels properly.
- Some of the challenges of reading the Gospel of Matthew rightly.
- Some strategies to read the Gospel of John.
- How we should read the Gospel of Mark.
- How Luke’s historical record helps readers understand the intended goal of the Gospel of Luke.
- Two of the biggest challenges to the Gospels today and how Christians should respond to them.
- Advice for Pastors wanting to preach Christ-centered and gospel-focused from the Gospels on the person and work of Jesus.
- Understanding discipleship and the mission of Jesus from the Gospels and how it impacts the life of the Christian.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!