On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Andreas and Margaret Kostenberger discuss strategies to help parents help their children navigate technology, conflict, fight for purity, communicate expectations, and grow in grace, along with their book, Equipping for Life: A Guide for New, Aspiring & Struggling Parents.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief theology of parenting.
- The importance of trust in marriage.
- Biblical gender roles and marriage.
- Some of the most significant issues Christian parents today face as they raise their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
- How parents can help their children navigate social media, the internet, and learn to be good stewards of technology.
- How parents can help their children learn to deal biblical and maturely with conflict, stressful, situations, and challenging people.
- Dealing with the father wound.
- Parents learning to communicate their expectations to their children.
- How our biblical and historic convictions about the Bible itself affect how we interpret the Bible.
- The importance of friendship in marriage.
- Strategies for helping parents help their children fight for purity.
- The importance of communication with your spouse and flourishing in marriage.
- How pastors and ministry leaders can help parents in their task of training their children in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus.
About the Guest
Andreas Kostenberger is founder of Biblical Foundations and Senior Research Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Margaret Kostenberger is Associate Professor and Director of Women’s Programs and Mentoring at Shepherds Theological Seminary in Cary, North Carolina.
For more resources from the Kostenberger’s please check out their ministry, Biblical Foundations.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.