On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and A. Craig Troxel talk about what it means to guard our hearts, learning to ask good questions and do life with other Christians, along with his book, With All Your Heart: Orienting Your Mind, Desires, and Will toward Christ (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why the heart is the most critical word in the Bible to describe who you are within.
- What Jesus means when He says to love Him with all of our mind and why it’s critical in the Christian life.
- Facing doubt and growing in grace.
- How to learn to ask good questions in the Christian life.
- The importance of accountability and doing life with other Christians.
- Why the Puritans emphasized the affections.
- What it means to keep the heart.
- What the gatekeepers of the hearts are.
- Why it’s critical to understand the ambassador of our hearts.
- What it means the Lord is our keeper.
- How we guard our hearts against the snare of lust.
- Why loving the Lord with all we are is a matter of worship.
About the Guest
A. Craig Troxel (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) is professor of practical theology at Westminster Seminary California.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.