Podcast (equipping-you-in-grace): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | Email | TuneIn |
This week, I’m joined by Dr. Heath Lambert, author of Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace (Zondervan, 2013).
In this episode he talks with me about:
- His life ministry, marriage, and upcoming writing projects.
- Forgiving and transforming grace.
- The role of accountability in fighting an addiction to pornography.
- How Christians can minister to those struggling with an addiction to pornography.
- The role Pastors and ministry leaders should take in ministering to those dealing with an addiction to pornography.
- The place of the community of faith in fighting for purity.
- Areas of opportunity in the purity movement.
- Advice for those in Bible College and seminary looking to get into counseling.
- Two of the biggest areas of opportunity in the biblical counseling movement.
- Recommended books for learning more about fighting for purity.
About the Author:
Dr. Heath Lambert is the Executive Director at the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors. ACBC is the largest biblical counseling organization in the world with counseling training centers and certified counselors in 29 countries.
Dr. Lambert also serves as the Associate Pastor and Executive Pastor for Discipleship and Family Life at First Baptist Church in Jacksonville, FL.
Dr. Lambert is a faculty member at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and their undergraduate institution, Boyce College, where he has taught since 2006.
Dr. Lambert is a founding council board member of The Biblical Counseling Coalition. He serves on the editorial boards of The Journal of Family Ministry, and The Journal of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.
Dr. Lambert has authored and edited several books including The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams (Crossway, 2011), Counseling the Hard Cases: True Stories Illustrating the Sufficiency of God’s Resources in Scripture (B&H, 2012), Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace (Zondervan, 2013), Transforming Homosexuality: What the Bible Says about Sexual Orientation and Change (P&R, 2015), and A Theology of Biblical Counseling: The Doctrinal Foundations of Counseling Ministry (Zondervan, 2016).
Dr. Lambert earned the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Biblical and Theological Studies and Political Science from Gordon College in 2002; The Master of Divinity Degree (M.Div.) in Christian Ministry from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in 2005; and the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in biblical counseling from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in 2009.
Dr. Lambert lives in Jacksonville with his wife Lauren and their children Carson, Chloe, and Connor.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!