Today I interview Dr. Schreiner about his new book, Faith Alone– The Doctrine of Justification: What the Reformers Taught.. and Why It Still Matters (Zondervan Academic, 2015).
Topics from today’s episode include:
- His life ministry, marriage, and upcoming writing projects.
- What is justification?
- Why is justification so significant to the Christian faith?
- How Christians should respond to N.T. Wright and the New Perspective on Paul.
- Why the doctrine of justification resonated in Europe during the Reformation.
- How the doctrine of justification is under attack today.
- Advice for Bible college and seminary students entering into ministry.
- Why Christians should study church history.
- Challenges and Opportunities in Biblical Theology.
- Biblical Theology and Systematic Theology.
- Recommended books and resources for studying the doctrine of justification and biblical theology.
About the Author:
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.