Welcome to the forty-fifth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Jeremy Pierre about The Pastor and Counseling the Basics of Shepherding Members In Need (Crossway, 2015) with Deepak Reju.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Pierre’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- Some of the most important lessons he’s learned from his experience in pastoral counseling.
- Why structure to counseling sessions is so important.
- How Pastors can apply the listening, considering, and speaking model to their own counseling ministry.
- How local churches can create a discipleship culture.
- His upcoming book projects.
- Areas of opportunity he sees in the biblical counseling movement today.
- His advice to students in Bible college and seminary looking to get into counseling or ministry.
- What to look for when considering going to a biblical counselor.
About the Author:
Jeremy Pierre (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) serves as the dean of students and associate professor of biblical counseling at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. He is also the pastor at Clifton Baptist Church and serves on the board of directors for the Biblical Counseling Coalition. Jeremy and his wife, Sarah, live in Louisville, Kentucky, and have five children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!