On the latest episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins, and Rosaria Butterfield discuss the recent Revoice conference, Gay Christianity, the authority of the Word of God, and her books, The Secret Life of An Unlikely Convert and Openness Unhindered (Crown and Covenant).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Christians should be concerned about the Revoice conference.
- How Christians should think and speak about the Revoice conference.
- How Christians should write and speak about matters related to gender and sexuality from the Word of God.
- How Obergefell affected Christians witness on matters related to gender and sexuality.
- How to talk across differences related to gender and sexuality.
- The effect of intersectionality on contemporary discussions on gender and sexuality.
- The importance of sound doctrine and sound ethics.
- The importance of a biblical understanding of repentance, and sanctification.
- The background of the Revoice Conference.
- The importance of having a biblical understanding of sin, personhood, and the grace of God.
- Being careful about the teaching we receive.
- The importance of local churches being safe and loving places for those coming out of the gay rights movement.
- The person and work of Christ and biblical anthropology.
- The importance of local church membership.
- How conflict clarifies matters of biblical truth.
About the Guest
Rosaria Butterfield (PhD, Ohio State University) is an author, speaker, pastor’s wife, homeschool mom, and former professor of English and women’s studies at Syracuse University. She is the author of The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert and Openness Unhindered.
The latest issue of Theology for Life: Biblical Gender and Sexuality: An Expose on Manhood and Womanhood. http://servantsofgrace.org/biblical-gender-and-sexuality-an-expose-on-manhood-and-womanhood/
Torn Between Two Cultures? Revoice, LGBT Identity, and Biblical Christianity by Dr. Albert Mohler https://albertmohler.com/2018/08/02/torn-two-cultures-revoice-lgbt-identity-biblical-christianity/
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!