On today’s episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins, and Ray Rhodes discuss the life and influence of Susannah Spurgeon, along with his book, Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon (Moody, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Cultivating friendship in marriage.
- What pastors and pastors wives can do to help their children grow in the faith.
- How Susie Spurgeon began the pastor’s book fund, and it’s legacy.
- The importance of godly communication in marriage.
- The importance of a godly wife in the life of men of God.
- How Charles and Susannah Spurgeon met and Susannah’s first impressions of him.
- What made Susie such a good partner for a uniquely gifted and busy man as Charles Spurgeon.
- The most pronounced and difficult pressures of Susie Spurgeon being married to the most famous preacher in the Victorian era.
- How Susie Spurgeon’s upbringing prepared her to be married to a uniquely gifted man of God.
- How Susannah helped Charles as a pastor’s wife in his life and ministry.
- What pastor wives can learn from Susie Spurgeon.
- What influence Susannah had in raising the two Spurgeon sons to be in ministry.
- The legacy of Susannah Spurgeon.
About the Guest
Enter to win one of five copies of Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon. To enter you must live in the continental United States.
Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!