Welcome to the 90th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave interviews Christopher Ash, Zeal Without Burnout (The Good Book Company, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Christopher’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- How serious the problem of ministry burnout is.
- The role of friendship in preventing ministry burnout.
- Why sacrifice is not the same as burnout.
- Why sleep is vital to fighting against ministry burnout.
- How to focus on your own growth in grace as a ministry leader.
- Why ministry leaders need Sabbath rests.
- How ministry leaders can cultivate true contentment in God and fight against the need for the applause of man.
- Some means ministry leaders should avail themselves of to encourage themselves and fight against discouragement.
- How ministry leaders can rejoice more in the grace of God than in the gifts of God.
About the Guest:
Christopher Ash is a pastor and author. He was Director of the Proclamation Trust’s Cornhill Training Course from 2004-2015. He is married to Carolyn and they have four children and three grandchildren.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!