Welcome to the eighth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Kristen Wetherell and Sarah Walton– Hope When It Hurts – Biblical Reflections to Help You Grasp God’s Purpose in Your Suffering (The Good Book Company, 2017)
- Sarah and Kristen’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- How Sarah finds kinship and relief in talking with other Lyme suffers.
- How American culture views suffering and how that compares with a Christian worldview.
- How God’s mercies are greater than our trials.
- Where God’s grace and mercy are in the midst of our trials.
- Sarah’s counsel to those who don’t feel they can pour out messy, overwhelming emotion to God and others in the local church.
- How Sarah finds hope when her children are suffering.
- Sarah’s best counsel to help and comfort others in their suffering.
- How Kristen has come to view her own losses through a Christian worldview.
- Kristen’s counsel for where those bowed with pain can find help and hope.
About the Guests:
Sarah Walton is a stay-at-home mom with four kids under nine years of age. She is the author, along with Kristen Wetherell, of Hope When It Hurts: Biblical Reflections to Help You Grasp God’s Purpose in Your Suffering (The Good Book Company, April 2017). After a decade of trials and learning to walk with Christ as her entire family suffers with Lyme Disease, she shares how the gospel speaks into all areas of our lives and gives hope to our suffering. Follow her blog at Set Apart: Hope on the Road Less Traveled. Follow Sarah on Twitter and Facebook.
Kristen Wetherell is a writer, Bible teacher, and the content manager of Unlocking the Bible. She is the author, along with Sarah Walton, of Hope When It Hurts: Biblical Reflections to Help You Grasp God’s Purpose in Your Suffering (The Good Book Company, April 2017). She blogs at her website, and you can follow her on Twitter. She and her husband, Brad, are members of The Orchard in Arlington Heights, Illinois. Connect with Kristen at her website. Follow Kristen on Twitter and Facebook.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!