Welcome to the seventy-first episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins and James Forbis talk about the importance of Reading Godly Books in the Christian Life
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The Great Commandments and the need to read books.
- What publishers James and Dave like.
- What blogs, ministries, and podcasts Dave and James like.
- Dave’s advice to reviewers about how to write a good review.
- Why Christians should read good and godly books.
- How to read with a discerning eye.
- Getting good godly books in the hands of children.
- The need for reading among lay people and ministry types.
- Going Deeper with Greek
- B&H Publishing
- Onward by Russell Moore
- SBC in the 21st Century by Dr. Jason Allen
- The Pastor as Theologian by Owen Strachan and Kevin Vanhoozer
- Historical Reliability of the New Testament by Dr. Craig Bloomberg
- Banner of Truth
- Reformation Heritage
- Desiring God
- Modern Reformation
- Tabletalk Magazine
- Theology for Life Magazine
- B&H Academic
- Between the Worlds
- Evangelical History
- The Art and Skill of Biblical Discernment
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!