Welcome to the sixth-third episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Jason Allen– Discerning Your Call to Ministry: How to Know For Sure and What to Do About It (Moody, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Allen’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- What young, aspiring pastors should do if they suspect their sense of calling is just an emotional high or temporary phase.
- How those called to ministry should measure their own gifts.
- To what extent does a person need to display the qualifications in 1 Timothy 3 in order to be ready to begin pastoral ministry.
- What readers should do if they are still unsure about their calling after reading Dr. Allen’s book.
- What role the gospel plays in helping a man sense a calling to ministry and remain qualified for pastoral ministry.
- The place of friendship in pastoral ministry.
- Help for those who have been affirmed for pastoral ministry by their local church but can’t find a position and how they should continue to prepare for pastoral ministry.
About the Author:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!