Welcome to the sixtieth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Jeremy Pierre about his book The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life: Connecting Christ to Human Experience (New Growth Press, 2016)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Pierre’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- How a theology of experience relates to preaching.
- His experience with reductionist approaches to counseling and how his methodology avoids it.
- What the author means by the use of the heart as dynamic.
- What it means to have a “faith-centered” understanding of people.
- What the human experience is and how the author connects it to Christ.
- How connecting Christ to people’s human experiences help those struggling with depression and anxiety.
- What he hopes readers take away from reading the The Dynamic Heart in Daily Life.
About the Author:
Jeremy Pierre, PhD, is Associate Professor of Biblical Counseling and Dean of Students at Southern Seminary. He is also a pastor at Clifton Baptist Church. He is coauthor of The Pastor and Counseling. He and his wife Sarah raise their five children in Louisville, Kentucky.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!