Welcome to the 145th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Matt Perman about his book, How to Get Unstuck: Breaking Free from Barriers to Your Productivity (Zondervan, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Depression and how it affects our productivity.
- Preaching the gospel to ourselves and productivity.
- In what way is productivity one of the most significant pain points in people’s life and work.
- How Unstuck is different from What’s Best Next.
- The process for getting unstuck.
- The most significant principles Matt wants listeners to take away as they read Unstuck.
- Four areas of renewal and their importance to the Christian life.
- How we can get unstuck from our problems.
- Why is it essential to have a clutter-free workspace.
- Advice for those struggling in their work lives with feelings of their work lacking value and worth.
About the Guest
Matt Perman formerly served as the senior director of strategy at Desiring God Ministries in Minneapolis, MN, and is a frequent speaker on the topics of leadership and productivity from a God-centered perspective.
He has an MDiv from Southern Theological Seminary and a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. He is author of the best-selling What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done.
Matt regularly blogs at www.whatsbestnext.com and contributes to a number of other online publications as well.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!