Welcome to the 115h episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Erik Raymond about his book Is Hell for Real? (The Good Book Company, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why asking good questions of Scripture is important when we come to the Bible on controversial topics like hell.
- How the Bible describes hell as a real place where real people will suffer unending, unrelenting, conscious punishment.
- The church’s teaching surrounding hell.
- What hell is like.
- The reason for hell.
- How to avoid going to hell.
- Some of the alternate views on hell and why they are wrong.
- What Christians should do in response to the reality of hell.
- How hell can be fair.
- How Pastors, Bible teachers, and ministry leaders should preach on hell.
Erik Raymond is the Preaching Pastor at Emmaus Bible Church in Omaha, Nebraska, USA. He is married to Christie and has six children. Erik frequently writes for many publications including The Gospel Coalition, Ligonier and Tabletalk. He blogs at The Ordinary Pastor.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!