Welcome to the 112h episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Jared C. Wilson about his book The Imperfect Disciple: Grace for People Who Can’t Get Their Act Together (Baker, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How to tune into the gospel every day.
- How the Gospel is good news for losers.
- What it means to stare at the glory of God until we see it.
- Why spilling your guts to Jesus is so important to growing in friendship with Jesus.
- Why the real church can’t be instagrammmable.
- The nine irrefutable laws of followership.
- What to do when we don’t like the person in the mirror.
- How to view weakness in our lives.
Jared C. Wilson is the director of content strategy for Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and managing editor of For the Church, Midwestern’s site for gospel-centered resources. He is the author of several books, including Unparalleled, The Story of Everything, The Wonder-Working God, The Prodigal Church, and Gospel Wakefulness. His writing has appeared in Tabletalk, Rev! magazine, Exponential’s Leadership Learnings, Pulpit Helps magazine, and numerous other publications. His blog, The Gospel-Driven Church, is hosted by the Gospel Coalition, and he speaks at numerous churches and conferences throughout the year. Wilson lives in Kansas City.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!