On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Deepak Reju discuss the place of Christians and local churches in ministering to people trapped in pornography, along with his book Pornography: Fighting for Purity (P&R, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Christians should understand pornography.
- Some of the biggest challenges ministering to those in our local churches who are stuck in pornography.
- How pastors and ministry leaders equip women to minister to other women on topics related to pornography.
- How pastors and ministry leaders equip men to minister to other men on topics related to pornography.
- Gospel help and hope for the person struggling with pornography right now.
- Helpful resources to get equipped on ministering on the topic of pornography.
- Good Christian accountability verses bad Christian accountability.
- The place of the local church in helping those stuck in pornography.
- Why pornography is only a problem with men but also with women.
- What our response be to someone who shares with us for the first time that they are addicted to pornography.
- How Christians should think about masturbation.
About the Guest
Deepak Reju is a pastor, counselor, husband, father, and now an author. His passion is for studying God’s Word, loving his family and shepherding God’s people.
His day job is as the pastor of biblical counseling and families at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC. His 24-hour, 7-days-a-week privilege is to be Sarah’s husband (since 2001) and father to five adorable children.
Deepak is the author of several books and articles, including “Great Kings of the Bible: How Jesus is Greater than Saul, David and Solomon” (Christian Focus), “On Guard: Preventing and Responding to Child Abuse at Church” (New Growth Press), “The Pastor and Counseling: The Basics of Shepherding Members in Need” (CrossWay), and “She’s Got the Wrong Guy: Why Smart Women Settle” (New Growth Press).
Deepak also serves on the board of directors of the Biblical Counseling Coalition (www.biblicalcounselingcoalition.org) and a trustee for the Christian Counseling and Education Foundation (www.ccef.org) at RTS Charlotte.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!