On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Andreas and Margaret Kostenberger discuss strategies to help parents help their children navigate technology, conflict, fight for purity, communicate expectations, and grow in grace, along with their book, Equipping for Life: A Guide for New, Aspiring & Struggling Parents.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief theology of parenting.
- The importance of trust in marriage.
- Biblical gender roles and marriage.
- Some of the most significant issues Christian parents today face as they raise their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
- How parents can help their children navigate social media, the internet, and learn to be good stewards of technology.
- How parents can help their children learn to deal biblical and maturely with conflict, stressful, situations, and challenging people.
- Dealing with the father wound.
- Parents learning to communicate their expectations to their children.
- How our biblical and historic convictions about the Bible itself affect how we interpret the Bible.
- The importance of friendship in marriage.
- Strategies for helping parents help their children fight for purity.
- The importance of communication with your spouse and flourishing in marriage.
- How pastors and ministry leaders can help parents in their task of training their children in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus.
About the Guest
Andreas Kostenberger is founder of Biblical Foundations and Senior Research Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Margaret Kostenberger is Associate Professor and Director of Women’s Programs and Mentoring at Shepherds Theological Seminary in Cary, North Carolina.
Check out the Kostenberger’s TGC course on Parenting: Equipping For Life by clicking here.
For more resources from the Kostenberger’s please check out their ministry, Biblical Foundations.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!