This week’s episode:
This week, I’m joined by Dr. Heath Lambert, author of Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace (Zondervan, 2013).
In this episode he talks with me about:
- His life ministry, marriage, and upcoming writing projects.
- Forgiving and transforming grace.
- The role of accountability in fighting an addiction to pornography.
- How Christians can minister to those struggling with an addiction to pornography.
- The role Pastors and ministry leaders should take in ministering to those dealing with an addiction to pornography.
- The place of the community of faith in fighting for purity.
- Areas of opportunity in the purity movement.
- Advice for those in Bible College and seminary looking to get into counseling.
- Two of the biggest areas of opportunity in the biblical counseling movement.
- Recommended books for learning more about fighting for purity.
Listen to the episode here:
About the Book:
If you have struggled personally against the powerful draw of pornography, or if you have ever tried to help someone fighting this battle, you know how hard it is to break free. But real freedom isn’t found by trying harder to change. Nor is it found in a particular method or program. Only Jesus Christ has the power to free people from the enslaving power of pornography.
In Finally Free, Dr. Heath Lambert, a leader in the biblical counseling movement, lays out eight gospel-centered strategies for overcoming the deceitful lure of pornography. Each chapter clearly demonstrates how the gospel applies to this particular battle and how Jesus can move readers from a life of struggle to a life of purity.
If you or someone you care about is fighting this battle, there is good news: No matter how intense or long-standing the struggle, Jesus Christ can, will, and does set people free from the power of pornography.
About the Author:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Next Week’s Episode: Dane Ortlund– Edwards on the Christian Life: Alive to the Beauty of God