On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Bill Smith have a wide-ranging conversation on assurance and ministering to those dealing with doubt, guilt, shame, and condemnation, along with his book, Assurance: Resting in God’s Salvation (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- In what way assurance is not a matter of information but a matter of trusting the character of the Lord.
- How Christians should deal with the enemies of our soul that are not only relentless but dishonest and play both sides of sin against God’s people.
- How biblical counselors should deal with challenging issues related to assurance.
- How biblical counselors should help Christians with issues like guilt, shame, and condemnation.
- How the biblical passages on doubt help strengthen Christians to give them not less confidence in Him, but more confidence in the Lord.
- Some markers Christians can look for to see growth in sanctification in themselves and others.
- Why it’s so important for Christians to take the long view on their sanctification.
- How Christians should handle their failings to keep in step with Christ.
- How focusing on the love of God in Christ alone helps Christians remember all that Christ has done for them.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!