On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Dr. Thomas Kidd have a wide-ranging conversation about why Christians should study American history, voting and character, the founders of America, the Supreme Court, and his books, American History, Volume 1 and 2 (B&H, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why should American Christians study American history.
- A significant turning point in the history of America that pointed people away from Christianity and why.
- What is Dr. Thomas Kidd’s favorite period of American history and why.
- Who in the history of American has had a great influence on the Christian church as a whole.
- What the Christian Church should be cautious not to repeat.
- What most people misunderstand about the founding of America and why it matters.
- What character traits should American Christians look for in their political leaders.
- To what degree did Christian theology shape or not shape the founding of America.
- How Christians should thoughtfully respond to the decisions of the Supreme Court.
- How Christians should think in general about the Supreme Court.
- Why Christians should avoid chronological snobbery.
- Why Christians need to understand nuance regarding the history of the founding of America.
- The First Great Awakening and genuine revival.
- The importance of George Whitefield.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!