On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Michael Gembola discuss how Christians and the Church can minister to someone who has had an affair, along with his book, After an Affair: Pursuing Restoration (P&R, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Some of the biggest challenges that both men and women have after a spouse has admitted to having an affair.
- Some of the beginning stages for growth for someone who has had an affair.
- Learning to apologize specifically and appropriately to your spouse and others.
- Some essential qualities and habits for the long haul for those who have had an affair.
- What is the church’s place in helping those who have had an affair.
- How pastors and ministry leaders can walk with and equip church members to walk with those who have had an affair.
About the Guest
Michael Gembola, a licensed professional counselor and licensed preacher with the PCA, is executive director at Blue Ridge Christian Counseling and has taught courses at CCEF, Westminster Theological Seminary, and Biblical Theological Seminary.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!