On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Megan Hill discuss how to grow in contentment in the Christian life, along with her book, Contentment: Seeing God’s Goodness (P&R, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Recommended resources on contentment.
- Lessons Megan learned on contentment as she wrote this devotional on contentment.
- How cultivating godly desires helps Christians to grow in contentment.
- In what way thankfulness is critical to cultivating contentment in the Christian life.
- How to pursue contentment in specific life circumstances such as work, relationships and family, and ministry opportunities.
- How pastors and ministry leaders can help church members learn to grow in contentment.
- How Christians should counsel one another on topics related to contentment in the Christian life.
- The kindness of God in giving us seasons of waiting to grow in contentment.
- Demonstrating thankfulness to others by specifically encouraging one another.
About the Guest
Megan Hill is the author of Praying Together, an editor for The Gospel Coalition, and a regular contributor to Today in the Word.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!