On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave and Megan Hill talk about what loving the local church looks like, walking alongside hurting people, using our gifts in the local church, along with her book, A Place to Belong: Learning to Love the Local Church (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Christians should love one another in the local church.
- Why it matters that Christian love the local church.
- Advice for Christians in walking alongside those who have been hurt by the local church.
- What being willing to be shepherded by qualified male elders says of our view of Jesus and the local church.
- Some of the best ways to first get involved using our gifts in our local churches.
- How important it is that local churches join together in the mission of making disciples.
About the Guest
Megan Hill (BA, Grove City College) is the author of Praying Together: The Priority and Privilege of Prayer in Our Homes, Communities, and Churches and Contentment: Seeing God’s Goodness. She also serves as an editor for the Gospel Coalition. A pastor’s wife and a pastor’s daughter, she lives in Massachusetts with her husband and four children, where they belong to West Springfield Covenant Community Church (PCA).
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!