On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Dr. Matthew Barrett discuss the importance of a robust doctrine of salvation to the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, 40 Questions About Salvation (Kregel, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The golden chain of salvation.
- How theologians can do a better job of writing to help lay people understand doctrine, along with the meaning of theological words and their meaning.
- How the church can recover questions and answers as a form of theological instruction in the church today.
- How to respond to attacks on penal substitutionary atonement.
- What the Church can do to correct the record on the doctrine of election, along with how the doctrine of election affects on how we engage in evangelism, discipleship, missions, renewal, and revival.
- How Puritans like John Owen can help the Church recover a better and more robust understanding of the doctrine on sanctification.
- How local churches can help God’s people grow in their knowledge, and application of the doctrine of salvation.
About the Guest
Matthew Barrett is associate professor of Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. He is also the founder and executive editor of Credo Magazine.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.