On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Dr. Matthew Barrett discuss the importance of a robust doctrine of salvation to the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, 40 Questions About Salvation (Kregel, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The golden chain of salvation.
- How theologians can do a better job of writing to help lay people understand doctrine, along with the meaning of theological words and their meaning.
- How the church can recover questions and answers as a form of theological instruction in the church today.
- How to respond to attacks on penal substitutionary atonement.
- What the Church can do to correct the record on the doctrine of election, along with how the doctrine of election affects on how we engage in evangelism, discipleship, missions, renewal, and revival.
- How Puritans like John Owen can help the Church recover a better and more robust understanding of the doctrine on sanctification.
- How local churches can help God’s people grow in their knowledge, and application of the doctrine of salvation.
About the Guest
Matthew Barrett is associate professor of Christian theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. He is also the founder and executive editor of Credo Magazine.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!