On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Laura Whitman discuss how lament helps Christians address the hurts of the past with hope in the Lord, responding to painful memories when they come up, how the local church and hurting people, along with her devotional, A Painful Past Healing and Moving Forward (P&R, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Christians not only heal from but move forward from painful memories.
- How the people of God should address painful memories when they come up and what to do when we repeat them repeatedly.
- How having a clear and biblical understanding of Jesus helps Christians to address their past.
- How understanding lament helps Christians not only address the hurts of the past but with hope in the Lord.
- What Peter’s betrayal and eventual restoration teaches Christians about responding to the events of their lives.
- How Christians should help those facing deep pain in their past with the goodness of God.
- How the local church should help Christians address the hurts of the past.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!